What would be more satisfying than having a stack of some scrumptious pancakes in your Sunday brunch? A little drizzle of maple syrup on top and a dollop of butter makes it more appealing. Those little fluffy discs of tasty goodness are to die for.
Some days we just crave delicious food like these. But, due to increasing body weight or lack of time and energy to make some good food, we often end up binging on the store-bought, pre-made food items.
How to Make Healthy Pancakes?
Pancakes are not only delectable but they can also be made healthy with a little addition and alteration.
- Use oats or other high-fiber grains instead of all-purpose flour to make it healthy.
- You can add different types of seasonal fruits like mangoes, blueberries, strawberries, cherries, pineapple, banana, apples, etc., to the mixing batter. Fruits are great for your health. You can add fruits to your children’s diet like this.
- Make them on an electric mini pancake maker. A very little amount of oil will be needed to cook them.
- Instead of maple syrup, go for a natural sweetener like a strawberry coulis or honey.
- Add dark chocolate chips to the batter to enhance the taste. Dark chocolate is highly nutritious and loaded with anti-oxidants. It also helps keep high blood pressure in control.
- Add chopped nuts and dry fruits on top to give the dish a crunch. Nuts and dry fruits are also full of goodness. They are ideal sources of good fats.
2 Ingredient Pancake Recipes to Try:
- Recipe No. 1
1 cup all purpose flour + 2 tsp baking powder+ ¼ cup sugar (optional) + a pinch of salt+ 1 cup milk +1 egg.
Put all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl (flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt). In another container, combine eggs and add milk. Mix both the dry and wet mixture and shake well. Make a lump-free batter.
Grease the pan with oil or butter and pour the mixture into small amounts. Gently spread into a round shape with a spatula.
Flip them when one side is cooked. Serve hot with butter and maple syrup on top.
- Recipe No. 2
1 cup sweetened coco powder+ 1 egg + 1 cup powdered oats + 1 cup buttermilk+ 1 pinch of cinnamon+ ½ tsp baking powder.
Mix cocoa powder, powdered oats and baking powder in a mixing bowl. Blend the egg and buttermilk in a separate bowl. Add the buttermilk and egg to the dry mixture. Whisk the batter well to remove any lump.
You can use an electric mini pancake maker to make pancakes using little oil. In Alibaba, you will find many electric pancake makers at reasonable prices.
Sprinkle icing sugar on top. You can add some strawberry pieces as well. Finally, place a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the top of warm fluffy chocolate pancakes. Enjoy your Sunday brunch with friends and family with these two delicious pancake recipes.
Leave a Reply