If you want to feel well balanced, solid, and strong in your body and mind then be grounded is the best way. All the yoga practices offer you a great chance to root down and create a firm foundation so that you may grow firmly, expansively, and joyfully. Yoga’s standing poses are best to perform from the grounding sequence. It may include several arm twists and deep body variations but do not forget that your inner body strength and stability comes from maintaining a connection to the ground. Your alignment starts with your legs, hips, and whole stance. Practice these amazing ground sequences yoga poses whenever you are feeling like your head is coming in front of your body. Now we are going to discuss some ground yoga sequences. But let’s see its benefits first;
Benefits of grounding Yoga sequence:
Following are some amazing benefits of doing grounding yoga sequences;
- It provides stability and ease in the body.
- Grounding yoga sequence creates a physical experience of seeing the present and right now time.
- Plus, Grounding destroys stress and creates a calm and peaceful vibe inside the mind.
- And we can generate several positive hormones inside our body and we can feel a connection to our bodies.
Various grounding yoga poses:
Following are some grounding yoga poses;
If you want to set a strong foundation then taking some breaths in mountain pose is really what you need to achieve this. Let’s start discussing its procedure;
- First of all scan your body. You can make a start with the bottoms of your feet.
- Now keep both of your soles flat on the mat. Slightly turn tour toes inward. So that the outer edges of your feet may come in a parallel position.
- You can bring your big toes to touch. And you can go for further stability by keeping apart your feet to hip distance.
- Now spread your toes without giving them any kind of grip. And then draw up your arches.
- Take a slight bend for your knees so that they may not lock the joint. Use your thighs and sense your knee caps for moving upwards.
- Now draw your belly button gently in the direction of your spine. Stack your shoulders slightly over the hips.
- Open your palms so that it may help your shoulder blades to remain on your back but do not try to puff up your chest.
- Now let your shoulders feel the relaxation from your ears.
- Keep your neck long and move the crown of your head towards the ceiling.
- Now do five to ten minutes breathing in this posture and feel this state.
- When you are glancing at your knees, you can see your toes peek out. At this time, make sure that your whole body weight falls on your feet.
- For countering all this downward movement, take your hands up above your head but keep your shoulders away from your ears.
- Keep your palms parallel to each other and let them face it.
- Now think that your body is a lightning bolt and you are grounding down into the Earth. Keep breathing until your thighs start burning.
- This pose demands stability and rigidity. In the starting time, you may need to take different steps to make it stable.
- Keep your right leg firmly grounded and then slowly take your left calf in the middle of your right inner thai.
- Do not place your left foot on your right knee side because this can create pressure on it and this situation can turn out into a painful scenario for your joint.
- You should point your left knee to the left. Exert force on your left foot so that it may help your hips to move right. Now keep your hands on your hips and check that either they are balanced or not.
- This pose is the same as the mountain pose but the difference is that you are having a lifted leg in it.
- Now you can take the help of gazing at something which is not moving so that you may maintain your pose without losing stability.
- When you are feeling like you are stable, you can put your arms over your head. After this take deep breaths and you will be feeling great peace. If you lose stability and the pose is disturbed, you can take a rest. You may release both legs and shake them. After this break again try to maintain that posture and breathe.
- Turn your toes in the outward direction for almost about 45 degrees.
- Keep your hips in the shape of a mountain pose position. Keep your stance widen so that you may have a good stable position.
- When you exhale, keep bending forward on your front leg but meanwhile, keep your back flat.
- Now take your fingertips onto the floor. Keep bending slightly on your right side so that it may not get locked.
- When you are inhaling try to lengthen your spine. And take 5-10 breaths in this state.
- Lay down completely on the ground and feel your body against it. You can put on some heavyweight on your thighs so that you may feel your body connected with the ground properly.
- Now take some breaths and feel that the earth is embracing your presence. The ground is hugging you. This will relieve your stress and you will be having lots of good vibes for yourself.
- For a happy baby yoga pose, you have to bend your knees and lie completely on your back on the mat. Stack your ankles over your knees and you will be having the yoga pose of a happy baby.
- Now take care of one thing that your sacrum should be rooted down with the ground.
- The next thing is to do a pull force on the soles of your feet with the help of your hands. So that your knees may become able to move toward your armpits.